This section only applied to properties that Apna Ghar owns. For properties owned by other housing associations, the deadlines for responding to repairs are based on their own maintenance targets, but would be broadly similar to those below.
We prioritise repairs depending on how urgent they are.
Emergency repairs: make safe within 24 hours
We treat as an emergency any repair that affects your safety and security, or the safety and security of the property or your possessions. This includes:-
- total loss of electricity or mains water
- no heating during the winter period
- backflow from a main drain
- a blocked toilet if it is the only one in the property (but we may charge you for this)
- burst plumbing, if the flooding cannot be stopped by turning off the water
- unsafe external doors and ground floor windows (we will board them up and return to repair them later)
Urgent repairs: responded to within seven days
We urgently resolve any repair problems that present an immediate threat to you, your property or your possessions. These might include:
- a toilet not flushing
- a blocked sink, bath, shower or basin (we may charge you for this)
- no hot water
- no heating between 1 May and 31 October
- taps that can’t be turned off
- a temporary repair to a serious roof leak.
Routine repairs: responded to within one month
All other repairs are routine. They include:
- minor repairs to a door-entry system or TV aerial
- minor leaks and blockages
- renewing a broken bath, basin or toilet
- repairing or replacing sockets or light fittings
- routine glazing (not double-glazed units)
- replacing emergency boarding (we may charge you for this)
- minor joinery repairs.