Reporting a repair

How you report a repair depends on where you live and which housing association owns your home, as explained below.

However, if your repair is a genuine out-of-hours emergency, go straight to out-of-hours emergencies.

Emily Duncan Place

If you live in Emily Duncan Place in Newham, you will need to report your repairs directly to One Housing Group.

To report a repair to One Housing Group, you can call their customer contact centre on 0300 123 99 66 (Monday to Friday, 8 am to 6 pm).

You can send a repair request direct from their website at, where you will also find more details about their repairs process.

All other homes

We handle repairs for all the other homes owned or managed by Apna Ghar – except when the repairs are
out-of-hours emergencies.

To report a repair relating to gas boiler and heating, you can contact our contractor K&T Heating directly on 0208 269 4507. You can also visit their website at to manage your appointments with K&T Heating.

Please remember: you are expected to take responsibility for minor repairs, such as Bleeding the radiator etc. 

To report a general repair, call the Apna Ghar Team on 020 8795 5405, Monday to Friday, 9.00 am to 5 pm, or use this form to report a repair online.

We will report the repair to our contractors and will contact you to give you an appointment, or an update, so that surveyors, repairs staff or contractors can visit to assess the work and carry it out. Sometimes the repairs staff of our partner housing association or contractors may contact you directly to make an appointment. Please make sure you are in for the appointment and allow the contractor enough time to complete the repair.

Repairs staff and contractors should show you their identification badge. If you are not sure who someone is, call us before letting anyone in to your home.

The contractor will tidy up after the repair, but you will be responsible for any redecoration work inside your home.

You should let us know when your repair has been satisfactorily completed or if they have been any problems with getting it done. We may call to check that you are happy with the repair. We do this to keep track of our contractors’ performance.

Please review your tenancy agreement for any repairs which you may be responsible for. Please email us on for a repair’s responsibility sheet.

Important note: if you have any Covid-19 symptoms please inform us so we can ensure our staff and our contractors work around your need for self-isolation.