Formal complaint

forma complaint

You can make a formal complaint by:

  • phoning, writing, emailing or visiting any member of our staff
  • completing a complaints form (call us on 020 8795 5405 for a copy) and returning it to our Chief Executive at Apna Ghar Housing Association, 1 Olympic Way, Wembley, Middlesex HA9 0NP
  • completing our online complaints form
  • asking someone else to contact us for you.

How we will handle your formal complaint

Stage 1

Within three working days, we aim to send you a letter from our Chief Executive to acknowledge your complaint.

We aim to send you a full response to your complaint within 10 working days.

Stage 2

If you are unhappy with our response, you should write to the Chair of our Management Board asking for your complaint to be investigated further. You should do this within 20 working days of the reply you receive at Stage 1.

A panel of the Management Board will investigate and we will aim to send you their decision within 20 working days.

If you have complained about one of our policies, your complaint will automatically go to Stage 2.

If you are still not happy with our response, you can take it further. How you do that depends on what your complaint is about.

Further Stages (for tenants living in homes owned by another housing association)

If you feel that we have not dealt property with your complaint about our management of your home, you can take your complaint to the housing association that owns the property. This housing association is your landlord and their name will be on your tenancy agreement.

We can give you details of your landlord, if you phone us on 020 8795 5405.

You will need to follow your landlord’s own complaints procedure. They will normally expect you to go through our complaints process first.

Complaining to the Independent Housing Ombudsman

If you are still not satisfied after taking up a complaint with your landlord, you can:

  • Refer the matter to a designated person. This is normally an MP or a local councillor. They can try to resolve the complaint on your behalf or refer your complaint to the Housing Ombudsman Service


  • Wait 8 weeks and refer the matter directly to the Housing Ombudsman Service.

You can contact the Housing Ombudsman Service at:

81 Aldwych, London WC2B 4HN
Phone: 0300 111 3000
Fax: 020 7831 1942

Minicom: 020 7404 7092

You can also complete an on-line complaints form on their website at:

Please remember that you cannot normally approach the Housing Ombudsman until your complaint has been through all the other stages described above.